Magneti Marelli After Market N. A.

MILESTONES
 

1919: Ercole Marelli founded Magneti Marelli to satisfy the growing demand for start magnets intended for the automotive market and for the aviation sector.

1929: Magneti Marelli starts producing automobile batteries.

1931: The company begins production of batteries for electric-drive vehicles, submarines and for train lighting applications.

1935: The company begins the production of automobile and motorcycle sparkplugs.

1947: Magneti Marelli was listed on the main Italian stock markets.

1967: Fiat purchased the entire shareholding package of Magneti Marelli.

1978: Magneti Marelli inaugurated its presence in Brazil, today one of the main hubs of the company’s activity, second only to Italy in terms of number of employees.

1979: Marelli Autronica, a joint venture between Magneti Marelli, Fiat and Weber (Bologna) was set up for the study and production of electronic control devices for ignition and fuel supply systems.

1983: the Digiplex electronic ignition started to be mass produced, the industrialization process began for the Cityplex systems, used to automatically turn the engine off and back on with the vehicle stopped, and for the Cut-off systems, which cut off fuel supply upon release of the accelerator, solutions which already aimed at fuel savings and at limiting polluting emissions.

1987: Magneti Marelli was reorganized as an industrial holding company. Leading and well-known European brands such as Weber, Veglia Borletti, Carello, Siem, Solex and Jaeger became part of the company.

1991: Magneti Marelli moves its headquarters within Italy to its current location in Corbetta, Milan.

1994: A merger between Magneti Marelli and Gilardini, originates the Magneti Marelli maxi hub in the field of automotive components.

1996: Magneti Marelli starts operations in China with the Guangzhou plant, strengthening its presence through the years with additional production facilities in Shanghai and Wuhu.

1999: Magneti Marelli and Bosch start Automotive Lighting, a joint venture.

2000: The first Magneti Marelli satellite navigation system was installed on a mass-produced car (the Alfa Romeo 147).

2001: Magneti Marelli takes full control of Automotive Lighting.

2003: Magneti Marelli launched in Brazil the multi-fuel technology called Flexfuel SFS®, which allows internal combustion engines to run on both ethanol and petrol or on any combination of the two.

2007: Automotive Lighting built the first full-LED headlight in the world intended for mass production (to be fitted on the Audi R8).

2011: The "Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar" program was launched, offering Chrysler Group and Fiat Studio dealerships the ability to decrease their dependence from outside parts sources and increase sales to independent repair facilities.


MAGNETI MARELLI AFTERMARKET N.A.
Distributors




Share on Google